Skip to main content
Before Intravenous or General Anesthesia
Children (2-11 years)
- Nothing to eat for six (6) hours prior to surgery.
- May be offered clear liquid up to four (4) hours prior to surgery.
Adults (Age 12 & Older)
- Nothing to eat eight (8) hours prior to surgery.
- You may have sips of clear liquid such as water, apple juice, bouillon, Gatorade, tea or coffee without cream up to four (4) hours prior to surgery.
- Routine medications should be taken with minimal clear liquid.
- A responsible adult must accompany each patient, being prepared to remain in the office during the procedure and prepared to drive the patient home.
- If the patient is a minor, they must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. If this is a concern, please contact the office.
- Patients should wear short sleeved clothing that allows access to the elbow area, but no jewelry, fingernail polish, contact lenses, heavy eye make-up, or flip-flops.
- If you are currently taking any anticoagulant medications or blood thinners, please contact the office for instructions prior to your appointment.
Before Nitrous Oxide (Laughing Gas)
- Do not eat or drink for four (4) hours prior to your procedure.
- You may come by yourself and drive yourself home afterwards.